The EMA program is sponsored by the Department of Chinese Language and Literature (DCLL) of Fudan University.
Why study Chinese language and culture in DCLL of Fudan University?
1. You can learn both modern Chinese and the ancient, literary form, called classic Chinese. Whether you choose to study Chinese in order to prepare to live to work in China or gain insight into Chinese civilization, history, fast-growing industries, pop and business culture, we have something that will interest you.
2. You can get a jump on your communicative competence in Chinese. DCLL has scheduled various opportunities for doing this besides classroom teachings, including have conversations with many Chinese students of DCLL on the daily basis, enjoy home stay in Chinese professors’ residence, chat with successful business people over the banquet table in Shanghai, visit some big companies and factories, and encounter all classes of people on your excursions to the fascinating historic and cultural spots on weekend.
3. The cultural and literary knowledge offers you the access to the expanding business opportunities in Shanghai and other big cities in China. The obvious truth is that if you want to do business with your well-educated Chinese partners nowadays, you have to be at home in their culture and literature.
4. Careers? Compradors who are fluent both in English and Chinese are especially preferable in Shanghai. So after you graduate, there will be opportunities in business and trade, journalism, education, law, translation/interpreting, government, tourism and IT.
1. At minimum, a cumulative grade point average equivalent to at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B grade) in all prior undergraduate college-level course work is required.
2. To be qualified, applicants should have a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 or higher; or an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5 or higher. Applicants from countries where English is the official language are exempted from this requirement.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
With photo, passport number &expiration date and name included.
2. Passport-sized photo
A passport-sized photo taken recently of the applicant.
3. Bachelor's degree diploma
Graduation certificate should be in Chinese or English.If not, it should be translated into Chinese or English and be notarized.
4. Transcript of undergraduate school
5. Two recommendation letters
From professor,associate professor or equivalents.
6. Certificate of English proficiency test
6.0 or above for IELTS; 80 or above for TOEFL;or other certificates which can prove that the applicant is a native English speaker or English is his/her working language at college.
7. Personal Statement
Written in Chinese or in English
9. A writing sample of around 2000 words
only for EMA programs
Personal Statement with the applicant's signature, written in Chinese or in English. You can download a template or sample from here.