1. Training goal
To train professional individuals in fields of Biological chemical who are fully developed on every aspect of personal capabilities and personalities and will contribute to the national economic construction. Graduates will be well educated on the fundamentals and well trained on research skills, with good understanding of the most recent development in the field. They will be capable to conduct independent research to solve theoretical or practical problems. They will be qualified for teaching, researching and technical management positions in high education institutions, research institutions and industries.
2. Fixed training years
Graduate Master of the Learning Ages general for two and a half years to three years
1. Microbial engineering
2. Product, application and function study of bio-active substances
3. Genetic engineering
Academic Degree Courses Political Theoretical
Theory and Practice of Scientific Socialism
Basic and Specialized Course
Required Courses Literature Reading Seminar
Plant Molecular Biology
Gene Expression and Regulation
Signal Transduction and Cell Death
5. Thesis requirement
Study and research for a thesis is the main way for the development of students' creativity, and it is critical to the whole education project. The following requirements are emphasized.
1. Intensive lab experiments and intern trainings to improve students' ability to analyze and solve problems.
2. Sufficient literature search and industry survey for their research projects and presentations for such preparations are required. The requirement and procedures for the presentation should be strict. The presentation evaluation group will evaluate the presentation and give suggestions for improvements.
3. Stage reports by the students on thesis project, examination of thesis by advisors, and pre-defense for thesis are emphasized. Those who have not pre-defended or have not passed the pre-defense are not allowed to have official defense.
4. The procedures also emphasized for application of defense, thesis evaluation, defense, grant of degree. Thesis evaluation should emphasize on the originality, contribution to academic research and application to industry, and shortcomings of the project. Strictly follow instructions on quantification of research results for grant of degree for postgraduates by Shanghai university. And emphasize on the "dual-blind" evaluation of theses.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
With photo, passport number &expiration date and name included.
2. Passport-sized photo
A passport-sized photo taken recently of the applicant.
3. Bachelor's degree diploma
Graduation certificate should be in Chinese or English.If not, it should be translated into Chinese or English and be notarized.
4. Transcript of undergraduate school
5. Two recommendation letters
From professor,associate professor or equivalents.
6. Certificate of English proficiency test
IELTS or TOEFl will only be required if the applicant is not a native English speaker.
7. Certificate of Chinese language education
For applying Chinese-medium programs.
8. Study plan
Including study purpose, research interest and research plan in brief. (at least 1 A4 page)