1. Objective of the Program
This program is aimed at implementing the CPC and the state's guideline for education and, according to corresponding social demands, training high-level talents in the field of Communication and Journalism, who are to be academic researchers, or to be professionals in the related industries.
1.The master candidates are expected to be qualified as the following: Comprehend Marxism theory, adhere to CPC fundamental political line; have a great affection for our nation; follow disciplines and obey laws; have good moralities; be rigorous in study style; be enterprising and ambitious; actively participate in and be devoted to the cause of national modernization.
2.The master candidates are expected to lay a solid foundation in basic theories and acquire systematic, profound specialized knowledge, be able to conduct academic research or social practices independently and achieve creative results in his dissertation.
3.The master candidates should take an active part in physical exercises and have a good physique
2. Duration of the Program
1. Normally, the Program should be completed within 2-3 years.
2. If approved by both the individual candidate's supervisor and university authorities, the program can be shortened or prolonged reasonably.
3. Main Interests
1. The Theory and History of Journalism
2. The Theory of Communication
3. The Operations of Communication and Journalism
4. International Communication
5. Media Economy and Cultural Industries
6. Culture and the Communication of Art
7. The Theory and Operations of Advertising
Academic Degree Courses Political Theoretical
Theory and Practice of Scientific Socialism
Selected Readings of Marxist Classics
First Foreign Language
Basic and Specialized Course
Studies in Theory of Journalism
Studies in Frontiers of Communication Theory
Required Courses Literature Reading Seminar
Theory of Journalism
Choose six courses according to specialty
Theory of Communication
Research Methods of Communication
Operations of Communication and Journalism
Theory and Operations of Advertising
Culture and Art Communication
Trends in the Disciplinary Field
5. Research and Dissertations
1. After obtaining 46 credits, the master candidates can start to prepare the dissertation, which should be instructed by his or her adviser and meet the requirements of innovation, theorization and forward-sightedness.
2. The master candidates should conduct a thorough examination of previous researches after one year of study before submitting a plan concerning dissertation. The 3000-word plan should contain 30 quotations at least and be evaluated by 3-4 professors or associate professors of primary disciplines.
3. In the middle of writing, the Master candidates should submit a 2000-word in-progress report concerning dissertation, the evaluation of which should also be organized by individual candidate's supervisor.
4. Each Master candidate will have an adviser. The advising group of each candidate is headed by his or her supervisor and composed of 3 teachers at least. Each adviser is selected by the Professors' Committee of individual specialty and the names of those supervisors are recorded into the university's archive.
5. The oral defense of the dissertation is organized by individual specialty. The members of the Defense Committee are chosen by the Professors' Committee of individual specialty and the names of those members are reported to the university authorities. Each adviser can participate in his or her own student's oral defense of dissertation, but has no right to vote.
6. Students in other majors are encouraged to pursue a Master's degree in Communication and Journalism. In addition to obtaining compulsory credits, these students also have to select several undergraduate courses in Communication and Journalism.
7. A stringent program should be implemented, which emphasizes such components as training standard and approaches, selection of adviser and organization of advising group, and exam methods. Special attention should be paid to candidates' behaviors and attitudes, and the whole process of dissertation writing as well.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
With photo, passport number &expiration date and name included.
2. Passport-sized photo
A passport-sized photo taken recently of the applicant.
3. Bachelor's degree diploma
Graduation certificate should be in Chinese or English.If not, it should be translated into Chinese or English and be notarized.
4. Transcript of undergraduate school
5. Two recommendation letters
From professor,associate professor or equivalents.
6. Certificate of English proficiency test
IELTS or TOEFl will only be required if the applicant is not a native English speaker.
7. Certificate of Chinese language education
For applying Chinese-medium programs.
8. Study plan
Including study purpose, research interest and research plan in brief. (at least 1 A4 page)