1. Training Objectives
The program is to train and bring up all-around developed high level legal talents who will have rich basic theories about their major and systematic special knowledge. Master one foreign language, grasp basic methods and techniques used in their research fields, and be competent for the works such as works related to legislation, governmental affairs, scientific and technical managements, suitable for working in judicial departments, law offices, and can perform teaching and researches in universities and colleges.
2. Program Duration
Usually the educational duration is three years.
3. Main Research Fields
(1) Jurisprudence (Philosophy of law)
(2) Jurisprudence and basic theories of civil law and commercial law
(3) Sociology of law
(4) Legal culture
4. Course Matrix
Academic Degree Courses Political Theoretical Course
Theory and Practice of Scientific Socialism
Selected Readings of Marxist Classics
First Foreign Language
Basic and Specialized Course
Methodology of Jurisprudence
Required Courses Literature Reading Seminar
Actuality and development in the field of legal culture
Comparative studies on legal systems
Special studies on folk Law and Chinese conciliation system
5. Arrangement for Dissertation
(1) Graduates who complete the required courses and get the credits of these courses can apply to begin their research on their dissertation topic, but before submit dissertation proposal they must submit four special literature reports related to the major.
(2) The dissertation should be completed at the beginning of the fourth term and the selected topic should have certain practical and theoretical values in its field. The dissertation proposal should contain the status quo, significance for choosing the topic, research content, research schedule and prospective achievements, etc.
(3) Three teachers with high level title will make examinations and evaluations to dissertation proposals and give some amending and complementary advices.
(4) Within half of a year after submitting the dissertation proposal, there will be a phase check. Graduates should write the phase report on dissertation. During the process of writing the dissertation, graduates should perform Measuring standards of research achievements for conferring master degree of Shanghai University.
(5) The preliminary dissertation defense should be completed in the eighth term. Only graduate who pass the preliminary dissertation defense can enter into the formal dissertation defense phase.
(6) When finish amending the dissertation, we will organize experts to make examinations to dissertations and organize dissertation defense. Graduates must at least publish a piece of interrelated academic paper on foreign important journals or domestic authoritative journals before they apply the master degree.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
With photo, passport number &expiration date and name included.
2. Passport-sized photo
A passport-sized photo taken recently of the applicant.
3. Bachelor's degree diploma
Graduation certificate should be in Chinese or English.If not, it should be translated into Chinese or English and be notarized.
4. Transcript of undergraduate school
5. Two recommendation letters
From professor,associate professor or equivalents.
6. Certificate of English proficiency test
IELTS or TOEFl will only be required if the applicant is not a native English speaker.
7. Certificate of Chinese language education
For applying Chinese-medium programs.
8. Study plan
Including study purpose, research interest and research plan in brief. (at least 1 A4 page)