1. Culture Purpose
This major focuses on research of modern information materials including microelectronic materials, lightening and photoelectric materials, OLED material and its devices to seek new theory, new technology and new process and most research subjects are in global frontiers. Students graduated should possess theoretical foundation and research abilities in design and fabrication of modern information materials, suitable for such careers as science research, teaching and management in information domain.
2. The fixed number of year
The fixed number of year for Master Students is two and a half years. The fixed number of year for the on-the-job Master Students may properly prolong half or one year.
3. Research areas
1. Physics and Chemistry of microelectronics materials
2. Lightening and photoelectric materials
3. Organic lightening display
4. Courses for Master Students
Academic Degree Courses Political Theoretical Course
Theory and Practice of Scientific Socialism
Basic and Specialized Course
Solid State Luminescence
Microelectronic Devices Principles
Material Science - Solid Physics II
Required courses Literature Reading Seminar
Analysis and Characterization of Materials
Technology for Photoelectric Detection
New Ic materiasl for packaging
Micro-Nano electronic Materials & Device
Organic Electroluminescent Device
Piezoelectric Materials and Applications
Additive Courses Main Undergraduate Course Solid State Physics
Candidates with the same educational level or from other disciplines should take two or more make-up courses.
Solid State Chemistry
5. Thesis work
1. Students may apply to enter the period of the thesis research after 48 credits finished, but before opening report one should submit two piece of technical review report related with the major.
2. Opening report should be performed in the 1st semester of the 2nd year. Selecting subject should combine with the foundation of this major and the important technique problem of the national economy. Opening report should be more than 5000 words, including the status quo of the development, the significance of the selecting subject, the research content, the schedule of the thesis work and the prospective result.
3. Opening report should arrange more than 3 high-grade post teachers to judge, it is an opening report.
4. The medium-term examination should be performed in the middle of the period of the thesis. If there is a biggish departure of the thesis work, a yellow warning will be present. After the thesis finished and recognize by 3 high-grade post teachers including the advisor, it is allowed to perform the pre-answer and the judge with the expert of the same major.
5. Before applying the master's degree, applicant should not published less than 1 paper in the 3 international famous searches systems (1st author) or 1 patent (before 5th in order).
1. Photocopy of valid passport
With photo, passport number &expiration date and name included.
2. Passport-sized photo
A passport-sized photo taken recently of the applicant.
3. Bachelor's degree diploma
Graduation certificate should be in Chinese or English.If not, it should be translated into Chinese or English and be notarized.
4. Transcript of undergraduate school
5. Two recommendation letters
From professor,associate professor or equivalents.
6. Certificate of English proficiency test
IELTS or TOEFl will only be required if the applicant is not a native English speaker.
7. Certificate of Chinese language education
For applying Chinese-medium programs.
8. Study plan
Including study purpose, research interest and research plan in brief. (at least 1 A4 page)