Introduction to Chinese Society, Introduction to Chinese Culture, Chinese Social Development in the Globalisation Period,Basic Chinese, Advanced Chinese, Chinese Rural Society, Chinese Demography and Social Policy
Beginns in 1st December of each year and ends in 31st May of the following year.
The two-year tuition is 100,000CNY (about 13,750USD based on the current exchange rate).You can pay by instalment for every year or every semester.
is sponsored by School of Social Development and Public Policy (SSDPP) at Fudan University. SSDPP has four departments: Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Social Management & Social Policy; and one academic research institute: Institute of Population Research. SSDPP has outstanding performance in both academic research and degree programs.
SSDPP has a strong faculty committed to teaching and researching. As of the end of 2005, the school had a total of 47 faculty and staff members; among them 31 were professors and associate professors. Meanwhile, we had 23 PhD students, 102Master students, and about 451 undergraduate students. 18 of these students were international students. The school runs the international joint-program with Bergen University from Norway, Lund University from Sweden, Queen’s University from Canada, University of California from US. As well as the School is actively engaged in international academic community and has networked with renowned institutes in the US, Japan, Korea, UK, Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, etc.
Assistantships and Fellowships
Fudan University offers Shanghai Municipal Government Fellowship annually to foreign students on a competitive basis. Those students that are self-supported are qualified for competing for this fellowship according to their academic performance and potential. Fellowship application is made together with the application of EMA program.
1. Credentials documenting prerequisite academic work that gives evidence of ability to pursue a graduate program in your chosen area are required.
2. To be considered for admission, you should have completed what Fudan University considers the equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university prior to beginning graduate studies.
3. At minimum, a cumulative grade point average equivalent to at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B grade) in all prior undergraduate college-level course work is required.
4. To be qualified, applicants should have a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 or higher; or an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5 or higher. Applicants from countries where English is the official language are exempted from this requirement.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
With photo, passport number &expiration date and name included.
2. Passport-sized photo
A passport-sized photo taken recently of the applicant.
3. Bachelor's degree diploma
Graduation certificate should be in Chinese or English.If not, it should be translated into Chinese or English and be notarized.
4. Transcript of undergraduate school
5. Two recommendation letters
From professor,associate professor or equivalents.
6. Certificate of English proficiency test
6.0 or above for IELTS; 80 or above for TOEFL;or other certificates which can prove that the applicant is a native English speaker or English is his/her working language at college.
7. Personal Statement
Written in Chinese or in English
9. A writing sample of around 2000 words
only for EMA programs