Article 3 Resident Permit and Visa
3.1 Resident Permit
1. ISs who intend to study at OUC for one year or more are required to apply for an X Visa before they come to China; those who are going to study for one semester (within six months) shall apply for an F Visa.
2. ISs with X Visas are required to apply for Resident Permits for study purposes within 30 days of arrival; ISs with other visas residing off campus must register as temporary residents.
3. Online applications for Resident Permits for study purposes are available at registration for the convenience of ISs. ISs shall ask the registrar for detailed information.
4. ISs must complete their application procedure for Resident Permits in the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the Public Security Bureau of Qingdao (hereafter referred to as EEA, address: 272 Ningxia Lu, Qingdao Tel: 66573259). The following materials are required for a first-time Resident Permit application of an IS:
1)A Resident Permit Application Form for Foreigners with one 2" bare-headed and full-faced photo;
2)A valid passport (ordinary passport) and a visa of the applicant, as well as one copy of each;
3)An official letter from your college confirming the duration of study, Admission Notice, original and one copy of the Visa Application for Study in China (JW201 form or JW202 form);
4)The original Health Certificate issued by Qingdao Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (those over 18 years of age and applying for the Resident Permit for the first time) or the Physical Examination Certificate for Foreigners;
5)Certificate for Accommodation Registration;
6)If residing in a house the IS owns, the original and copy of the House Property Certificate shall be provided; if living in an apartment the IS rents, the Contract of Lease signed with the house-owner shall be provided.
5. The duration of stay for the Foreigner Resident Permit visa for an IS depends on the time for tuition payment. Generally, the Resident Permit held by the student for advanced studies in the Chinese language for one semester is valid until July 31 or Jan. 31 of the next year, and for two semesters, it is valid until Sep. 15 or March 10 of the next year. The Resident Permit for degree students studying is valid until Sep. 30 or March 25 of the next year. The undergraduate student must register within the prescribed time; otherwise, the visa will not be available. The Resident Permit held by students for advanced studies in business is valid until the end of the month when the final exams take place. The valid period of the visa for the exchange student shall be based on the duration of study.
6. An IS holding a Study Resident Permit visa from any other institutions and studying at OUC should provide a leaving certificate from the previously university before applying for a new one from OUC. Any information alteration in your Resident Permit should be reported to the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the Public Security Bureau of Qingdao within 10 days. Failure in observing this regulation will result in a legal punishment.
7. Holders of a Resident Permit who wish to move out of the city of current residence shall report to the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the Public Security Bureau of Qingdao within 10 days either before moving or after arrival at the new destination.
8. ISs who intend to go outside of the Chinese mainland (including Hong Kong and Macao) during their study period need not to apply for a reentry visa.
1. ISs with an F Visa who want to go outside of the Chinese mainland (including Hong Kong and Macao) need to apply for a new reentry visa depending on the number of entries on the visa.
2. ISs should go through relevant procedures at the Administration Office for the IEC and transfer certificates should be issued by the head teacher when transferring to another city. ISs should apply for a Resident Permit at the local public security bureau within 10 days (and within the valid period of the Resident Permit) after arrival in the new city.
3. A directly- related family member of an IS may apply for an L Visa to accompany the IS for study in China at the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) to foreign countries with an invitation from the OUC. The Exit-Entry Administration Department of the Public Security Bureau of Qingdao shall receive an official letter from OUC before issuing the visa extension for the directly- related family member of the IS. The directly- related family member shall provide a certificate of directly- related family members issued by the Chinese Embassy from their own country and the duration of stay in China cannot exceed the valid period of the Resident Permit held by the IS. The number of the directly- related family members of the students for advanced studies in the Chinese language who apply for visa extensions is limited to two people. The OUC will not help apply for visa extensions for the directly- related adult family members and the over-18-year-old children of the IS who are not studying in China.
4. It takes about 5 days for the Exit-Entry Administration Department of the Public Security Bureau of Qingdao to process applications for extensions, alterations, reentries and moving in/out. They will consider facilitating an emergency.
5. The OUC will not help students apply for visa extensions after the end of the semester; and OUC will only help those students apply for visa extensions who will continue their studies and have reapplied and have paid their tuition in advance.
6. An L Visa cannot be altered to a Resident Permit for study. For those who have a Resident Permit for work, their Resident Permit can be altered to a Resident Permit for study, but the proof of departure issued by their company must be provided.
7. For students who have applied for a visa extension or a new visa through the online declaration system in the jurisdiction of Qingdao to attend OUC and need to apply for a Resident Permit for study, the original visa must be canceled in the E-administrative system of the original company before the new visa is issued.
8. When travelling, remember your passport. In case of a lost passport, report it to the local police station and get a document of proof. Take the document of proof to the Section for Management of Foreigners of the Qingdao Exit-Entry Administration to be recorded. After the expiration of the recording, take the certificate offered by the Qingdao Exit-Entry bureau to the embassy to apply for a new passport. Only when a new passport has been received, can an IS make application for a new visa, otherwise a new visa cannot be issued.
9. Never alter any part of the content on or do any damage to the visa or other credentials. Any violator will be punished. If the visa or Resident Permit expires, a RMB 500/day fine or an order to leave the country within a specified time will be imposed by the Public Security Bureau according to the relevant law.
10. For questions, consult the head teachers in the Foreign Student Affairs Office and ask them for help.
Office for Visa Assistance: Room 115 on the first floor at IEC
3.3 Physical Examination
1. ISs are required to undergo a medical examination according to the Foreigner’s Physical Examination Record before they enter China.
2. On arrival, the Administrative Department will guide the ISs holding the Physical Examination Certificate for Foreigners to the Qingdao Municipal Bureau of Health Quarantine and get the Health Qualification Certificate. Those who don’t have the record form and those have disqualified items on the form are required to go through physical examination again at the Qingdao Municipal Bureau of Health Quarantine. The valid period of the result is six months.
3. ISs can bring passport and copy of passport and two photos to the Shandong Exit- Entry Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, International Travel Healthcare Center for physical examination.
4. Those who did not get the certificate after examination should exit immediately according to relevant regulations.
5. Fees of the medical examination: RMB485
Certificate fee: RMB60 (those two types of fees should be covered by students themselves)
Remember to go through the examination on an empty stomach.
If have disqualified item with your form tested abroad, ISs have to go though supplementary examination.
Shandong Exit- Entry Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, International
Travel Healthcare Center for Physical Examination
Address: 85, Fuzhou Nanlu
Working days: Monday to Friday 8:00---11:00, 13:30---16:00
Notice: Physical examination should be conducted only in the morning.
Tips: Starting from Fushan Campus, one should take No. 227 bus or a taxi to Fuyuan Xiaoqu.