The fourth Peking University Summer School International will run from July 2 to July 27, 2015. Our program integrates the best of Peking University's teaching resources and aims to provide a stage for communication and learning between global students.
The program offers ten content courses and one Chinese language course. The subjects of the content courses will be related to philosophy, economics, public policy, sociology, culture, literature and music. All the content courses will be taught in English. All courses will be held at the Peking University campus. Students will receive an official transcript from Peking University upon completion of the program. When applying online, you should choose two courses from below items and Chinese language course is optional:
China since 1949
Population Ageing and Health
Local traditions and Chinese Society
Communication,Culture, and Society: The Chinese Way
Transition and Public Policy in China
Society and Politics in China
Modern Chinese Literature and Culture (1890-1990)
Chinese Foreign Policy
The China Factor-Managing China's Global Challenges
Topics on Chinese Economy
Chinese Folklore and Culture
Flower in the Mirror: the Chinaman and his Values
Application Deadline: April 23, 2015
Admission Time: Admission Letters and Visa Application Forms (JW202) will be mailed out before May 10th, 2015
Program Duration: July 2-July 27, 2015
Fees: Tuition Fee RMB 10,000
1. The application fee is non-refundable.
2. The non-refundable tuition fee of 10,000 RMB covers two content courses, one Chinese Language course and visits to several historical and cultural attractions of Beijing. An extra 3,500 RMB of each course should be paid if student chooses more than two contents courses.
3. The tuition fee should be wired to Peking University bank account no later than May 31st, 2015, once an offer of admission is made. Otherwise, it can be deemed to be a waiver.
4. Occasionally we are forced to cancel courses if its enrollment is less than 10. Should your course be subject to a major change we will notify you in due time. In that case, you may either transfer to another course for which you are qualified.
Between the age of 18 and 40 (18 and 40 included);
With education background of or above college graduation, or currently attending college;
ESL (English as second language) students should provide proof of proficiency in English, e.g. TOEFL, GRE, or IELTS test scores;
Some content courses require for which relevant academic background.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
With photo, passport number &expiration date and name included.
2. Passport-sized photo
A passport-sized photo taken recently of the applicant.
3. Certificate/Diploma of highest education
The certificate should be in English or Chinese, if not，it should be translated into English or Chinese and be notarized
4. English proficiency test certificate
For example, IELTS or TOEFL, only for applicant whose native language is not English.